Loading...
11-04-1992 Regular Meeting . PEACHTREE CITY AIRPORT AUTHORITY MINUTES OF MEETING November 4, 1992 The regular meeting of the Peachtree City Airport Authority was held in the City Hall Council Chambers on November 4, 1992, at 7 p.m. Those present were: Chairman David M. Good; Members Vivian R. Brigham, Robert B. Patterson and John W. Dennis; Authority Attorney Douglas B. Warner; Airport Manager James H. Savage; City Engineer Barry Amos; and Recording Secretary Shirley R. Comer. Member Michael E. Amos was absent due to an illness in his family. I. ANNOUNCEMENTS II. ADDITIONAL AGENDA ITEMS None. A motion was made by Ms. Brigham to add agenda item 92-11-01, the traveling archeological display. It was seconded by Chairman Good, and the motion passed unanimously. ~; III. APPROVAL OF MINUTES ; A motion to approve the minutes of the October 7, 1992 Authority meeting as presented was made by Mr. Dennis, seconded by Mr. Patterson. The motion passed unanimously. IV. REPORTS: Airport Manager Mr. Savage briefed the Authority on the following issues: 4. r; 5. 1 . Airport construction project AlP 07, October 10 pre- construction meeting. October 15, final inspection of the omni directional approach light system (ODALS), localizer and distance measuring equipment (LOC/DME) and non-directional beacon (NDB). All systems are now operational. Lease of one port-a-port hangar by the Authority from Charles Vick as a temporary maintenance facility for airport maintenance technician Bob Gray. Installation of warning signs and yellow lines on road/taxiway leading to main ramp. Warnings appear to be reducing auto traffic on the aircraft ramp. Ted Beckloff's speech on the FAA's plans for the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta given at the Metropolitan Atlanta Airports Council (MAAC) meeting of October 20, attended by Ms. Brigham, Mr. Barry Amos and Mr. Savage. 2. 3. - , k ~ 8. 9. 10. 6. status of the Authority's computer system. All accounting functions, including check writing, are now computerized. Installation of the remote communication system that the FAA is installing to allow pilots to communicate with the air traffic controllers at Atlanta Hartsfield Airport. Ms. Debbie Dennis of the FAA says it should be finished by December 31. November 3 bid opening for photo copiers. Mr. Savage will make a recommendation at the December meeting. Status of the T-hangar reconstruction. In order to remain on schedule, color and style of siding and roof selections must be made this week. October 29 pictures of the demolition of the original airport operations building, frequently known as the "pizza hut." 7. Wilbur Smith and Associates: Ed Doyle briefed the Authority on the progress of the AlP 05 and AlP 07 construction projects, which until this week had been moving well. Since October 30, however, progress was impeded by rain. He then submitted the following for approval: PROJECT AlP 05 INVOICES: Wilbur Smith and Associates Oakview Construction Legal Work - Douglas B. Warner Project Admin. - James H. Savage $ 14,869.99 218,336.26 1,035.00 1.209.90 $235,448.15 NON AlP Oakview Construction $ 14,144.94 PAY REQUESTS: Federal GA DOT 223,444.00 12.008.49 $235,452.49 PROJECT AIP 07 INVOICES: Wilbur Smith and Associates APAC of Georgia Legal Ad - Atl Journal/Const Project Admin. - James H. Savage $57,767.73 14,265.00 1,026.00 1.396.82 $74,455.55 PAY REQUESTS: Federal GA DOT 73,672.00 784.58 $74,456.58 A motion to approve the Brigham and seconded by unanimously. pay requests as submitted was made by Ms. Mr. Dennis. The motion passed V. NEW AGENDA ITEMS 92-11-01 Traveling Archeological Display. Ms. Brigham reported that the exhibit has been extremely well received by the public and had been displayed at numerous area schools. She says she has established a display schedule for the remainder of the year. The display offers good educational value to the public and generates publicity for the airport, she says. No further actions were taken on this item. Chairman Good moved that the Authority adjourn Executive Session to discuss a personnel item. seconded the motion, which passed unanimously. and reconvene in Mr. Patterson VI. EXECUTIVE SESSION A discussion was held regarding the recording of minutes by Authority personnel versus paying city staff to prepare these documents. Chairman Good requested the Authority's bookkeeper/secretary to attend the meeting for this purpose. No further actions were taken. A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Chairman Good and seconded by Ms. Brigham. The motion passed unanimously at p.m. ,...., l ~~ Attested by: PEACHTREE CITY AIRPORT AUTHORITY RECORD OF ATTENDANCE AS OF: NOVEMBER 16, 1992 * MEETINGS MEETINGS MEETINGS DATES HELD LAST ATTENDED ABSENT ABSENT 12 MONTHS ATTD % DAVID GOOD 8 8 0 100% VIKI BRIGHAM 8 8 0 100% ROBERT PATTERSON @ 6 5 1 8/05/92 83% n JOHN DENNIS 8 6 2 5/27/92 75% , ~; ;,i 9/02/92 , MIKE AMOS 8 6 2 8/05/92 75% 11/4/92 * This column only includes meetings held since May 7, 1992, the effective date of the current attendance requirements. @ New member