Loading...
07-07-1993 Regular Meeting "'"" PEACHTREE CITY AIRPORT AUTHORITY MINUTES OF MEETING July 7, 1993 The regular meeting of the Peachtree City Airport Authority was held in the City Hall Council Chambers on July 7, 1993, at 7 p.m. Those present were: Chairman David M. Good; Members Michael E. Amos; John W. Dennis and Vivian R. Brigham; Airport Manager James H. Savage; Authority Attorney Douglas B. Warner; and Recording Secretary Shirley R. Comer. Member Robert B. Patterson was absent. I. ANNOUNCEMENTS None. II. ADDITIONAL AGENDA ITEMS None. III. APPROVAL OF MINUTES - A motion to table the approval of the minutes of the June 9, 1993 Authority meeting until all members in attendance at that meeting were present was made by Mr. Amos and seconded by Ms. Brigham. The motion passed unanimously. . IV. REPORTS Airport Manager: Mr. Savage briefed the Authority on the following issues: 1. Nice to be back from Alaska, but the trip was great. We put 100 hours on the airplane; made 53 landings, some places more than once; and visited many beautiful places. We spent one night north of the Arctic Circle at a lodge in Bettles, Ak. Fuel was $3.30 per gallon, which we thought was high even for Alaska, until we learned that they had to fly it in by DC-4 tanker aircraft. Once the tundra freezes they cut snow roads to the town, but during the summer the town is only accessible by air. In many parts of Alaska, the airplane is the primary mode of transportation. 2. Mr. Savage thanked Ms. Shirley Comer and Mr. Bob Gray for their efforts during his absence. It was apparent on his return that the airport was operating normally and that can be credited to their performance. -. !'- 1 ,....., 3. The National Weather Service building is now under construction with completion planned by February of 1994. Likewise, the Upper Air Inflation Building (UAIB), to be used for launching weather balloons, has been started as well. Some minor survey problems remain, but conversations with the jOb superintendent indicate that any errors will be corrected prior to construction of the buildings. 4. Mr. Good, Mr. Warner, Mr. Steve Smith, Mr. Ed Doyle and Mr. Savage will meet with FAA personnel on July 13, to discuss the status of the Airport Improvement Projects that have been put on hold awaiting additional FAA funding. The FAA has indicated that there may be sufficient funds to complete the grassing, seal coating and lighting work that is now about 50% completed. Mr. Savage will report the outcome of the FAA meeting at the next PCAAmeeting. 5. ,-.. Mr. Savage met with members of the Dixie Wing of the Confederate Air Force to discuss their plans for the July 24, CAF fly-in and static display of aircraft. Plans include using Civil Air Patrol members to help control traffic and their own members to control aircraft movement. Concession stands, portable toilets, trash barrels, control ropes and an insurance policy protecting the Authority will be provided. They advise there will be no public aircraft rides. No air show. No admission price will be charged, however a donation will be accepted. Mr. Bob Gray of the Authority's staff and Mr. Savage will be on hand to assist if needed. The public is invited to view the estimated 15 to 25 WWII vintage "war birds" that are expected to attend. 6. Mr. Bill Fisher has requested to fly passengers for hire during the CAF event in a Waco ASO biplane. Rides would be conducted from a separate area away from the CAF and would not be affiliated with the event. He would provide his own insurance and would pay an appropriate fee for use of the airport during this time. Authority members agreed that if properly conducted, the rides would help promote aviation and therefore benefit the airport. Mr Warner will review the legal requirements prior to giving Mr. Fisher an OK. ,...., 2 Wilbur Smith and Associates: ~ Mr. Ed Doyle briefed the Authority on the progress of the AlP 07 and AlP 05/08 construction projects. Mr. Doyle explained that due to a continued delay in FAA funding, APAC-Georgia,Inc. has agreed to await information and direction for completion of further work on the AlP 07 project pending a July 13, 1993 meeting with the Authority and the FAA. Mr. Doyle also reported that Oakview Construction Company still had several items to complete on their "punch list" before the AlP 05/08 could be considered finished. They will be doing some repair work on Taxiway "D" July 8. Mr. Doyle then submitted the following for approval: PROJECT AlP 07 INVOICES: APAC, Georgia, Inc. 51.789.24 PAY REQUESTS: - Federal GA DOT $ 48,941.00 2.848.41 $51,789.41 A motion to approve the AlP 07 project pay request as submitted was made by Mr. Dennis and seconded by Ms. Brigham. The motion passed unanimously. V. OLD AGENDA ITEMS NONE VI. NEW AGENDA ITEMS 93-07-01 Consider completion of the AlP 06 Fencing Project with PCAA funds prior to FAA reimbursement. ~ Due in part to PCAA budget constraints and the lack of immediate reimbursement funds from the FAA, the Authority chose not to take any action on this subject at this time and considered the item satisfied. 3 ....... At 7:23 p.m., a motion was made by Mr. Good and seconded by Mr. Dennis to recess and reconvene in Executive Session to consider attorney/client matters. The motion passed unanimously. VII. EXECUTIVE SESSION There were no actions taken by the Authority during the Executive Session. At 7:40 p.m. a motion to seconded by Mr. Dennis. adjourn was made by Ms. Brigham and The motion passed unanimously. U~ David M. Good, Chairman ~~ 1M'~ ~ AttesedfS : - ".-., 4