Loading...
03-02-1994 Regular Meeting - PEACHTREE CITY AIRPORT AUTHORITY MINUTES OF MEETING March 2, 1994 The regular meeting of the Peachtree City Airport Authority was held in the City Hall Council Chambers on March 2, 1994, at 7 p.m. Those present were: Chairman David M. Good; Members Robert B.Patterson, Vivian R. Brigham, Michael E. Amos and Daniel E. Carr; Authority Attorney Douglas B. Warner; Airport Manager James H. Savage; City Engineer Barry Amos; and Recording Secretary Shirley R. Comer. I. ANNOUNCEMENTS None. II. ADDITIONAL AGENDA ITEMS Chairman Good added the following item. ~ 94-03-03 Consider engagement letter form Hardwick and Hardwick, CPA's, to do 1992 Authority audit. III. APPROVAL OF MINUTES A motion to approve the minutes of the February 2, 1994, Authority meeting as presented was made by Ms. Brigham and seconded by Mr. Patterson. The motion passed unanimously. IV. REPORTS: Airport Manager Mr. Savage briefed the Authority on the following issues: 1. Mr. Savage recently spoke with Carlos Garza of the National Weather Service. Plans are for the NWS to move into their new facility at the airport on April 19. They will hold an open house in mid-May. Mr. Savage and Chairman Good toured the facility last week and report that it a first class building and built to last. It is a classic example of your federal tax dollars a work. "....., 1 - - ~ 2. The Airport Picnic Park is progressing nicely. Airport Maintenance Technician Bob Gray has completed two picnic tables and is currently building a foot bridge across a drainage area. A sign identifying the park is being made and when completed, Mr. Savage will issue a press release inviting the public to use the new park. Efforts are u~perway to find an Eagle Scout to build a tot-lot as a project. 3. Chairman Good, Member Dan Carr and Mr. Savage met with City Council during the recent Council "retreat." Mr. Good gave a progress report on the activities of the Authority during the last year and a brief outline of current projects and future plans. Mr. Savage thanked the Council for their recent financial support to the Authority and was told that additional support might be available when the Authority begins development of the Aviation Center. 4. Mr. Good and Mr. Savage met with Steve Smith and Gordon Jackson of Wilbur Smith and Associates to review the scope and details of the request to develop a new Airport Master Plan. Once completed, WSA will submit the request to the FAA for consideration and funding. Pre-applications for funding are also being developed for additional perimeter fencing and for construction of the Aviation Center, should it become eligible as a Airport Improvement Project. 5. Mr. Savage briefed the Authority on his meeting with the Atlanta Regional Commission - Olympic Aviation Advisory Team this morning. Highlights of the meeting include: (a) Preliminary estimates prepared by consultants for ARC, predict that the number of General Aviation (GA) airCraft operations in the Atlanta area will increase by 17,000 during the Olympic period. (b) If traffic followed normal patterns and was unconstrained by airport capacity limitations, Peachtree City-Falcon Field would receive approximately 2 1/2 % of that traffic. (c) A major limitation to increased traffic flow in the Atlanta area is the ability of Atlanta Approach Control to handle GA traffic under IFR rules. As configured, only 75 aircraft movements per hour can be accommodated at the outlying airports. This is less that half the number Dekalb Peachtree Airport could generate by itself. 2 (d) The total number of passengers expected to travel by GA aircraft is over 500,000, or approximately 25 % of the total Olympic visitors expected by air. Over 6 million tickets will be sold for the various events. (e) The FAA is working on a plan that will utilize a computer based reservation system that will allow the GA pilot to reserve a ground parking space as well as an airborne arrival time for the various airports in the Atlanta region. (f) Many questions and problems were identified by the members of the OAAT and ARC has promised to consider those questions and refine the plan and estimates accordingly. Mr. Savage said that the initial reports generated by ARC are preliminary and serve as a basis for further enhancements. He will stay in touch with the ARC to assist in future updates. V. OLD AGENDA ITEMS ,...., None. VI. NEW AGENDA ITEMS 94-03-01 Review NWS plans for NEXRAD radar site, at request of City. A motion was made by Mr. Amos and seconded by Ms. Brigham that the Peachtree City Airport Authority has reviewed the information provided by the City of Peachtree City and Authority Staff regarding the location of the National Weather Service NEXRAD weather radar antenna, and finds no objection to the location shown, provided: (1) The height of the structure and any enclosures, antennas, lights, lightning rods, or any other such attachments, do not have an adverse effect upon existing or proposed IFR procedures or VFR operating altitudes, and ,-.... ~ (2) The structure and its attachments are marked and lighted in accordance with the standards of the FAA Obstruction Marking and Lighting Advisory Circular 70/7460-1H. The motion passed unanimously. 3 ~L_:._,,-,-.,.-.-::::.....:.c__~_;;:_.-,- ,.... 94-03-02 Consider rCAA operating budget for 3rd and 4th quarters of FY 1994. A motion was made by Chairman Good and seconded by Mr. Patterson to accept the proposed budget as presented. The budget is attached and made a part of these minutes. The motion passed unanimously. 94-03-03 Consider engagement letter form Hardwick and Hardwick, CPA's, to do 1992 Authority audit. Mr. Michael Amos requested the Airport Manager to discuss this item further with Authority Accountant Blaine Price and report back to the Authority on whether the Authority should consider taking bids for this service. No other action was taken. This item will remain open. ~ There being no further business to discuss in the public forum, at 7:43 p.m. Mr. Michael Amos moved to recess and reconvene in Executive Session to discuss attorney/client matters. The motion was seconded by Chairman Good. The motion passed unanimously. VII. EXECUTIVE SESSION There were no official actions taken by the Authority during the Executive Session. At 7:47 p.m. a motion to adjourn was made by Ms. Brigham and seconded by Mr. Michael Amos. The motion passed unanimously. ~~ Attested by: David M. Good, Chairman 4 PEACHTREE CITY AIRPORT AUTHORITY RECORD OF AT'I'ENDANCE As OF: MARCH 31, 1994 REGULAR MTNGS REG SPCL CLD SPECIAL TOTAL MEETINGS ATND ATNDC MEETINGS CALLED ATNDC LAST 12 % LAST 12 MEETNGS % MONTHS MONTHS ATND DAVID GOOD 12 11 92% 2 2 93% VIKI BRIGHAM 12 11 92% 2 2 93% BOB PATTERSON 12 10 83% 2 1 79% DAN CARR * 3 3 100% 1 1 100% MIKE AMOS 12 12 100% 2 2 100% , * New Member as of January 1, 1994. ".-. MEMBERS DATES ABSENT MEETING DATES TYPE DAVID GOOD 06/09/93 R 06/09/93 REG 07/07/93 REG VIKI BRIGHAM 09/01/94 R 07/21/93 SPCL BOB PATTERSON 01/27/94 S 08/04/93 REG 07/07/93 R 09/01/93 REG 08/04/93 R 10/06/93 REG 11/03/93 REG 12/01/93 REG DAN CARR 01/05/94 REG 01/27/94 SPCL 02/02/94 REG 03/02/94 REG MIKE AMOS 04/07/93 REG 05/05/93 REG