Loading...
05-14-1997 Regular Meeting ~ . PEACHTREE CITY AIRPORT AUTHORITY MINUTES OF MEETING May 14, 1997 The regular meeting of the Peachtree City Airport Authority, was held in the City Hall Council Chambers on May 14, 1997, at 7:00 p.m. Those present were: Chairman Robert B. Patterson; Members Daniel E. Carr, David M. Good and Janet E. Wells; Airport Manager James H. Savage; Recording Secretary Shirley R. Comer and Authority Attorney Kimberley S. Flynt. Member Michael E. Amos was absent. I. ANNOUNCEMENTS None. II. ADDITIONAL AGENDA ITEMS None. r-" r. t k' III. APPROVAL OF MINUTES A motion was made by Mr. Good and seconded by Mr. Carr to approve the minutes of the April 2, 1997, Authority meeting as submitted. The motion passed unanimously. IV. REPORTS Airport Manager Mr. Savage briefed the Authority on the following issues: ~ f: 1. Mr. Savage met with Mr. Tate Godfrey of Peachtree City Development Corp. and the Development Authority of Peachtree City, on two occasions to discuss putting the "virtual" hangar plans together that has been requested by both the DAPC and the Airport Authority. Plans call for developing a layout for Mr. Stan Thomas who has expressed an interest in building a hangar and office building in the Business Park. Mr. Godfrey has been in touch with Mr. Thomas' staff to determine their needs and will be preparing the necessary sketches for review. Mr. Savage will report to the Authority at next meeting on the progress. 1 "........ r 2. The "Falcon Field Second Saturday" (FF/SS) held on April 11 , 1997, was of limited success due in part to the poor weather and the fact that an ad that the Authority ran in the Southern Aviator during the "Sun 'N Fun" fly-in produced no response. We did indeed serve hamburgers and hot dogs to those that did show. Charles and Deeva Boleman area coordinators for the Experimental Aircraft Association's (EM) Young Eagles program, organized their second such event at Falcon this year on May 10th's FF/SS. Like their first event, this one was also very successful with some 14 aircraft available to fly over 40 young people. We fed some 50 or 60 volunteers and participants after the flying was over, with many favorable comments from the group. The next FF/SS is scheduled for June 14, at which the Confederate Air Force will be holding a fly-in and static display of numerous "War Birds". ~ 3. Mr. Savage met with Mr. Harold Bost and Mr. Charles Boleman to discuss a "job fair" type of aviation event for the FF/SS on September 13. The idea considered would be for the various aviation organizations to put up a "booth" in the lobby of the Aviation Center to provide information on their activity and to provide some type of demonstration or display to "sell" their program or organization. Organizations such as the Civil Air Patrol, Confederate Air Force, Experimental Aircraft Association, Bonanza Society, Short Wing Piper Club and others would be invited to participate. , Food would be provide by an organization such as the Kiwanis as a fund raiser for that club. Member Janet Wells and Deeva Boleman have agreed to work with Mr. Bost in developing an advertising program. Mr. Savage will report progress at the Authority meeting. 4. Mr. Savage advised the Authority that he would be speaking to the Golden Age Kiwanis at the Gathering Place on Tuesday, May 20. 5. Mr. Savage informed the Authority that the Local Area Net connecting Ms. Comer's computer and his own is operational and that the Authority now has an E-mail address of: pcaa@bellsouth.net for anyone wishing to communicate with the Authority by computer. ,..... 6. Chairman Patterson indicated that he would not be available for the June 4, normal meeting date. After a discussion by the members, it was agreed that in lieu of a June meeting, the Authority would hold a "company" picnic instead. The planned date is June 14, in conjunction with the FF/SS and Confederate Air Force fly-in and static display. 2 "...-, ~ ~ ~ V. OLD AGENDA ITEMS 97-02.01 Consider proposal from Mr. Mike Gunn to modify tenant fees. Chairman Patterson reviewed the discussions held to date regarding this issue and asked Mr. Gunn if he had anything else to add. Mr. Gunn spoke briefly on the issue and Mr. Savage explained the attached cost chart. Following a discussion, a motion was made by Ms. Wells and seconded by Mr. Carr to make no changes to the fee structure at this time. Mr. Good expressed his concern that because he is a "through-the-fence" operator, he may have a conflict of interest regarding this issue. He requested an opinion of Ms. Flynt, who agreed that under these circumstances he would have a conflict. The motion passed with three voting in the affirmative, with Mr. Good abstaining. VI. NEW AGENDA ITEMS None. VII. EXECUTIVE SESSION There being no further business for executive or regular session, at 7:50 p.m., a motion to adjourn was made by Ms. Wells and seconded by Mr. Good. The motion passed unanimously. ~.. {(.QqnW. ested bY) R6b~'/ 3 5-31-97 r- PEACHTREE CITY AIRPORT AUTHORITY ~ RECORD OF ATTENDANCE AS OF: May 31,1997 Members Regular Meetings Meetings Regular Special Called Special Called Total Last 12 Months Attended Attendance Meetings Last Meetings Attendance '10 12 Months Attended '10 David M. Good 10 9 90% 0 0 90% Janet Wells 10 10 100% 0 0 100% Bob Patterson 10 10 100% 0 0 100% Dan Carr 10 10 100% 0 0 100% Mike Amos 10 8 80% 0 0 80% ~ t' , , Members Dates Absent Type . David M. Good 2/5/97 Regular Janet Wells Bob Patterson Dan Carr Mike Amos 4/2/97 Regular 5/14/97 Regular - ,- Meeting Dates Type 1/2/97 Regular 2/5/97 Reaular 3/5/97 Reaular 4/2/97 Regular 5/14/97 Regular 6/12/96 Regular 7/10/96 Regular 8/7/96 None 9/4/96 Reaular 1 0/2/96 Reaular 11/6/96 None 12/4/96 Regular Page 1