Loading...
07-31-2003 Special Called Workshop r PEACHTREE CITY AIRPORT AUTHORITY MINUTES OF SPECIAL CALLED WORKSHOP July 31, 2003 A Special Called Workshop of the Peachtree City Airport Authority was held in the lobby of the Aviation Center, 7 Falcon Drive, Peachtree City, Georgia, on July 31, 2003, at 11 :00 a.m. Those present for the Authority were Chairman Catherine M. Nelmes; Members Jerry R. Cobb, Matt M. Davis, Douglas A. Fisher, and James E. Toombs; Airport Manager James H. Savage. Authority Attorney Douglas 8. Warner was unable to attend. Also attending were Mr. James Gess and Ms. Karen Gess, lessees of Lot 83; Mr. Mike Thomas of Wilbur Smith and Associates (WSA); Mr. Russ Solsvig, lessee of Lot 81; and Mr. Ray Lightner of the Fayette County News. The purpose of the workshop was to discuss the re-orientation of Hangars 83 and 84 and the needed infrastructure changes that will be required if approved. Mr. Thomas reviewed the "Exhibit A" that he had prepared that listed several issues that he believes need to be addressed and his estimate for completing the various tasks. Exhibit A does not however, contain estimates for the cost of the actual work to be accomplished. It is attached and made a part of these minutes. Several different approaches to the issues were discussed, including the concept presented by Mr. Davis that the Obstacle Free Area (OFA) along taxilane "E" remain with the Authority, but the tenants would be allowed to build an apron that would connect their hangars to Taxilane "E", but they could only use the area in the OFA while fueling or moving their aircraft into or out of their facilities. Chairman Nelmes preferred the concept of leasing the area within the OFA to the tenants, but with a provision in the lease agreement that the above mentioned restrictions would apply. Mr. Cobb was concerned that any changes that were made to the way the apron areas were leased, as suggested by Mr. Davis, might have serious implications for many tenants in Hangar Area "A", where similar conditions exist, therefore he was opposed to that concept. Mr. Toombs indicated that even though it is not specifically mentioned in his lease agreement, he understood that parking aircraft or other obstacles on his apron on lot D 27, so as to interfere with aircraft movement along Taxiway "D", was not permitted. He also indicated that to date, he had not experienced any specific problems as a result. Mr. Savage suggested that Mr. Davis' concept might still be the best idea, since it would be easier to enforce and it would address the issue of maintaining the OFA along Taxilane "E". r Discussions continued on who would be responsible for the cost of the engineering and actual construction. Chairman Nelmes e"xpressed the view that if the tenants wanted WSA to perform the engineering, then they should contract with them directly. If the tenants wanted to use their own engineering consultants, then the Authority should be responsible for the cost of having WSA review the proposed changes for approval by the Authority. ~, ......, f 1 Several members stated the opinion that the tenants would be responsible for any direct costs associated with the changes required to re-orient the hangars. Discussions continued on a variety of site specific issues with the general conclusion that each of the tenants would present a proposal to the Authority addressing the specific changes that will be required. Mr. Savage will review the proposals and prepare a specific list of the changes needed for each lot, which in turn will be incorporated into a lease addendum. The proposals and the necessary lease addendums could then be considered at the same time. The addendums for each lot will also include any changes in the lot dimensions and the resulting adjustments in lease rates. It was agreed that once the docum~nts have been prepared, the Authority would again meet in a formal meeting to consider the changes and vote to accept or reject the proposals as needed. Depending on when the proposals are received, the Authority might call a Special Called Meeting for this purpose, or wait until the next Regular Scheduled Meeting, now planned for August 13, 2003. There were no formal actions taken by the Authority during the workshop and by consensus, the workshop concluded at 12:30 p.m. ~M1~~ Attested by: cr-- c-~~ Catherine M. Nelmes, Chairman ----- 2 EXHIBIT "A" f1!"""'l. , Note: Total costs per task are based on an hourly rate of $125 including cost, overhead, profit, and direct costs. Costs include engineering and plan modification as necessary. r Task Estimated Total Cost Hours Extend oioe !iiJ. B5 3 $375 Widen Fillet tal B5 and "E", establish new CIL (including strioine modificatioos) 4 $500 Relocate fire hvdraot tal B5 and "E" 8 $1,000 Review site plan {@. B4 3 $375 Review site olao tal B3 5 $625 Review foundation detail !iiJ. B3 4 $500 Check drainaee in vicinitv ofB3 3 $375 Provide 60K Ibs. PCC pavement detail 3 $375 Detail water line encasement under orooosed hangar aprons 3 $375 Lav out conduit for other utilities 2 $250 Engineering tal B3 and "E" 8 $1000 Widen Fillet!iiJ. B2 and "E", establish new CIL (including stripine modifications) 4 $500 Adiust drainaee tal B2 and "E" 4 $500 Check taxiwav lighting, modifv nlan 6 $750 Check separation standards, modifv olan 8 $1,000 Survev, provide plats 24 $3 000 Dav trips (3 at 4 hours each) 12 $1500 Total (hourlv rate) 104 $13000 r'\ t. 3