Loading...
01-27-2006 Special Called Workshop -,., PEACHTREE CITY AIRPORT AUTHORITY MINUTES OF SPECIAL CALLED WORKSHOP , '0 January 27, 2006 A Special Called Workshop of the Peachtree City Airport Authority was held at the Hampton Inn at 300 Westpark Drive Peachtree City Georgia at 3:00 PM. Those present for the Authority were Chairman Jerry Cobb; Members Greg Carroll, Matt M. Davis, Douglas A. Fisher, and Rick Mendenhall; Airport Manager John Crosby and Assistant Manager Andrew Bolton. Authority Attorney Douglas B. Warner was unable to attend. The purpose of the workshop was to discuss issues and strategic planning for the upcoming calendar year. Mr. Crosby briefed the Authority members on numerous topics. No official action was taken on any topic. Discussions were held on the following topics. TDK Boulevard Extension - There was a recent meeting with all parties involved on 1/25/06. An additional meeting has been scheduled for sometime during the first week in February, with the City, . FAA, State DOT, Fayette and Coweta County representatives. :---.. Airport Zoning - Reviewed zoning and slope protection listed for areas surrounding the airport. Reversion of Ownership - Authority should review policy on future hangar area leases that allow for ownership of hangars to revert to the Authority at the end of the lease period. The Authority should also review the length of lease terms. Review of Minimum Standards - Relaxed minimum standards have been harmful to the airport in the past. Reviewing current standards and adopting tighter standards would be beneficial to the overall operation of the airport for tenants and the Authority. It would be beneficial to have a copy of Minimum Standards to distribute with packages on available property. Environmental Assessments - Complete on Area C, underway in Area B. Mr. Davis asked if the Purpose and Need statement was sufficient to include the runway extension, such that the impacts associated with the runway extensions would be sufficiently covered in the cumulative impacts section of the report? Aviation Way - Construction is finally underway. Utilities have been removed from the remaining pole. Pole will be relocated. Headwall has been installed. Mr. Crosby has met with principals from APAC and Gardner Aviation to discuss paving additional ramp space around the Gardner hangar. Mr. Crosby suggested any improvements to the area be repaid in a 2 year repayment plan. rr-: r Senoia Water Tower - Senoia has begun construction on a water tower close to the airports traffic pattern. Senoia engineers failed to submit a Notice of Proposed Construction form (7460-1) form to the FAA. F Restaurant - The Hesses are still very interested in constructing their hangar and restaurant. FY 05 Audit - Auditors first draft has been submitted for review. Final copy due the first week of February. All audit items appear to be proper. - , ,,-. f f ~' Hotel/Motel Tax - Authority should consider discussing with the City a longer-term agreement with the current percentage. Customer Service - FBO employees are being trained on customer service philosophy to ask for fuel sales instead of waiting for pilots to ask for fuel. Also to sell aspects of the airport and local community to visitors. Instrument Approaches - During the communications conference in Atlanta FAA reconfirmed its commitments to LPV approaches. The Airport's 405 survey determined that an LPV approach is available to both ends of the runway. In the future the FAA will only support an airport's 2 lowest minimum approaches. Peachtree City-Falcon Field Airport has State DOT support for an ILS. Total cost for an ILS approach would be $400,000 with twenty five percent ($100,000) of the funds coming directly from the Airport. Commercial User and Airport Access Fees - Review all leases and access agreements to determine if CPI or other adjustments permitted by the lease or access agreements are being applied. Available Hangars - Authority should consider purchasing hangars that are available for sale by exercising the right of first refusal. Funds from the FAA yearly entitlement can be used in this manner. Website Update - Ganuch has the rough outline of subjects that we wish to be included on the new website. They ask the Authority's help by sending them links of websites, aviation or not, that contain elements that need to be included in the airports website. Rules and Regulations - Updated rules and regulations need to be in place before Areas B & C are available for lease. Current draft is legally tested. Airport Security - Access control is needed to comply with FAA. All access pOints need to be controlled and gated. ALP needs to be updated to reflect Security Plan showing perimeter fencing and controlled gates. CIP Budget - Airport Maintenance is in need of a new tractor and bat-wing type bush hog. Mr. Fisher spent several minutes reviewing criteria for Airport Managers Performance Evaluation. Past items were reviewed and removed and new items were added as necessary. It was determined that these items would be ranked in Executive Session at the February 8, 2006 meeting. Mr. Crosby stated that Prime Engineering had a preliminary site report ready regarding Hangar Area B and that nothing significant was found. He also gave an update on the Impervious Surfaces Initiative. The airport would be required to pay approximately $2,000/yr to the City. Additionally he reported that Georgia Airports Association has announced a bill in the Georgia Legislature that would earmark a portion of fuel taxes for airports specifically. 2 ~ ~ ~ 1 r- There were no formal actions taken by the Authority during the workshop and by consensus, the workshop concluded at 7:15 p.m. tkhl'.AdrJ~ Attested by: ~i?-dL JerJ)\ Co b:G'hafrman 3 - ~ "....., , 1-31-06 PEACHTREE CITY AIRPORT AUTHORITY RECORD OF ATTENDANCE AS OF: January 31, 2006 Members Regular Meetings Regular Special Called Special Called Total Meetings Last Attended Attendance % Meetings Last Meetings Attendance 12 Months 12 Months Attended % Jerry R. Cobb 11 11 100% 0 0 100% Matt M. Davis 11 11 100% 0 0 100% Doulllas A. Fisher 11 10 91% 0 0 91% Grell Carroll" 11 6 55% 0 0 55% Rick P Mendenhall 11 11 100% 0 0 100% (Alternate) 0 0 #DIV/O! 0 0 #DIV/O! Grea Carrell was appainted to comolete the unexoired term of Catherine Nelmes " Members Dates Absent Type Meeting Dates Type Jerry R. Cobb 1/11/2006 Regular 1/27/2006 Workshoo 2/8/2006 Reaular 2/21/2006 Soecial Matt M. Davis 3/8/2006 Regular 4/12/06 Reaular 5/10/2006 Reaular 6/8/2005 Presentation 7/13/2005 Cancelled Douglas A. Fisher 12/16/2005 Regular 8/10/2006 Regular 9/14/2006 Reaular 10/12/2006 Reaular 11/9/2006 Reaular 12/14/2006 Regular Grell Carroll 1112/2005 Reoular 2/9/2005 Regular 6/8/2005 Reoular 9/14/2005 Regular 12/14/2005 Regular Rick P. Mendenhall I (Alternate) *City Council Presentation Page 1